In addition to our traditional investment advisory services, Brainard Capital often serves as an adviser or Chief Financial Officer for ultra high net worth individuals and family offices.
This may entail:
- Investment policy development: Initial or ongoing development of family office investment policy statements.
- Manager due diligence/search: A comprehensive review of the client’s current managers/funds, and ongoing due diligence on those products. Manager/fund searches and assistance with the selection of “best of class” managers/funds, with a focus on low cost and superior risk adjusted returns.
- Multi-custodial reporting: Consolidated performance and cash flow reports; pulled from all firms where family office clients custody funds.
- Custody services: Assist in selection and set-up of one or more asset custody relationships with third parties (e.g. Goldman Sachs or Fidelity Institutional)
- Trust & family limited partnership asset management
- Incorporate views on strategic vs. tactical allocation
To provide the best advice possible, we want to know:
- What is the ultimate purpose of the assets in the portfolio?
- What are your rates of return and income requirements?
- What is your tolerance for risk (volatility, downside risk & maximum shortfall)?
- What asset classes to include; maximum and minimum exposure?
- What asset classes to exclude and why?
- Consider the time horizon of your investments: limited or perpetual?